Monday, December 20, 2010

A New Book -- At Last!


Just in time for Christmas, barely in time for Christmas, The Cat Before Christmas is available on Amazon Kindle!

I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand it. This is the first thing I've written in 4 years, since my husband Michael won his battle with RA; it's the first sweet romance I've ever written, and it's my first published straight to e-book novella.

If that's not enough firsts for you here's a couple more. This is the first Christmas story I've written, and the first time I've written a story with a cat as one of the main characters.

I love cats so giving Wiki, the Siamese cat of the title a point of view was great fun for me. I love cats so much, and dogs, too, that from now until January 31, 2011 I'm donating 15% of the proceeds from The Cat Before Christmas to the Kansas City Humane Society and Wayside Waifs, two no-kill shelters in the Kansas City metro area.

My good friend and very talented artist Judy Johnson designed the cover. Here's a link to the book in the Amazon Kindle store, and here is the blurb:

Wiki the cat loves Christmas. Batting the ornaments, basking in the blinking lights -- he even helps choose the Christmas tree each year!

But this year there's trouble in Wiki's yuletide paradise when his mistress Cary decides to go skiing in Colorado instead of staying snug at home with him in Kansas City, Missouri.

To derail her plans, Wiki escapes to the Christmas tree lot where he's sure Cary will find him.
He doesn't count on a blizzard or a huge German shepherd with a handsome and stubborn master named Ben. All three conspire to trap Wiki on the lot. For his own good, of course.

Cary is frantic, searching everywhere for Wiki -- everywhere except the Christmas tree lot where Wiki waits to be saved, and Zeus' master waits to sweep Cary off her feet. Can Wiki escape and get home to Cary in time to save Christmas?

That's the big news for now. Tomorrow I'll post a short blurb from the book and tell you a little bit more about the story. Promise! The post is already written.

No comments: